Thursday, July 30, 2009

On my way back to Manila: alone in Kalibo



I was on my way to Manila. I arrived at Kalibo Airport at around 8:30 in the morning. My flight was at 1:00 in the afternoon. Damn Zest Air. How dare you damaging Caticlan Airport. Waking me up at around 4, travelling for around 2 hours just to be sure not to miss my flight. Haay.. Well, anyway, moving on, I arrived at the airport with a “close” sign (Damn you ZestAir). So I decided to embark on a tour around the town of Kalibo, alone. I made “para” a tricycle (Jeep is not “uso” here) and told the driver to drop me off at Jollibee. I was 80% sure Kalibo has a Jollibee and fortunately, there I saw the big smile of the big happy BEE! I just got a hundred and fifty pesos in my pocket. ATM hunting later after Jollibee. I ordered the Longanisa meal and I love its crispy crust. It resembled a longadog and I lovet! While eating, and since I was alone, I did my favorite past time – muni-muni.

“Well, I know, I don’t have the right to be inis or asar but repeating the issue again and again makes it annoying and it really hurts, I’m telling you, it hurts. Yeah, I know. I’m guilty so I will accept all your punishment with open arms. But please believe me, it is you that I love and I still want to be with you. I hope this event won’t create a “lamat” in our love to each other. I wish that someday, this event will be buried and will be forgotten. I love you. I love you. I love you.”

“But then I checked your blog and saw your ex with you in McDo. Damn I felt. Is this the way you want to punish me? To do what I did to you? To make me feel what you felt? Fine. As I’ve said, I’ll be accepting ALL your punishments until you are fulfilled. With open arms…”



After eating, I then searched for a nearby ATM for a petty cash. Priority ATM was BDO but the BDO machine was not working. So I looked for other functional machines. I found UCPB and Allied but all were offline. Then, at last I found BPI. AT first, I thought it was a lotto line. Haay..but I had no choice. So after around 20 minutes, I got my cash and mind you, I just seemed to receive a change from a tindera in a palengke. The bills were so bulok. Well, as I’ve told myself, I had no choice.

I walk again to a nearby park called Patrana Park. It is located in the middle of the town in front of a church. What caught my interest was that the park or plaza was soo clean and soo green. And again, I lovet! It has a statue of Rizal and Bonifacio and I do not know why. Hehehe. But I love the rows of benches along a concrete walkway amidst the green Bermuda grass. Being a true jologs, I took a picture of myself on one of the benches, and I lovet!

Now back to the airport where I still have to wait for around 2 hours for boarding. And I wrote this and then I’m done.

A lot of kids making tambay at Pastrana Park. They are probably from the nearby college.


I understand why most of the plazas are in front of an ancient church...


but why do most of the plazas have a statue of Jose Rizal?


or if not, a statue of his rival, Andres Bonifacio?

in the case of Pastrana Park, both..


but i love these benches. :)






***erratum: it was not Zest Air but SeaAir. Just found out this morning (edited:Aug 1, 2009). @#!@# SeaAir!

No comments:

Post a Comment