Sunday, June 5, 2011

When God Doesn't Make Sense



There are lots of times in my life I question God. And I’m sure those times happen to everyone of us.
 

Why is my promotion taking so long?
Why do You allow corrupt people to lead the Philippines?
Why do I suffer financial problems even if I give tithes regularly?
Why do You not care?
Why don’t You do anything?
Why is God unfair?

 
And this series will talk about these times when it seems that God does not make any sense.

This is based on the book of Habbakuk.
 
Just a little background.
Habbakuk was God’s prophet who witnessed his nation go through turbulent times - violence, injustice, destruction, strife, and conflicts.

But what did he do?
He went directly to God. He questioned directly to God. He wrestled with God.

He however, was answered by God in a way that did not make sense to him, and actually to me also.

God's response is "I am raising the Babylonians...".


I just can imagine’s Habbakuk’s face saying:

"Huh?"
"So what?
"What do i care about the Babylonians?"
"They are from different nation?"
"My concern is about the deliverance of my nation?"


But what he did not know then is that God's has a plan for the Babylonians to conquer Israel and exile the Israelites in different nations. In this way, Israelites would build their temples and influence these nations. And Habbakuk was not aware of this plan, and might not understand God's answer AT THAT MOMENT.

But what Habakkuk did, is to stay faithful to God and give his 100% trust onto Him.

Isn't it great to have a God who prepares the future for us?
Who, in the future, will award us with a big surprise which he has worked on "behind our back"? during those times we question him?
It's like telling me, "Wag ka mag-alala, ako bahala sayo..."
Doesn't you feel secure and safe with this kind of God?

Let us be like Habbakuk, who in bad times of his life, directly went to God, questioned him (it is not bad to question God) and stay with Him, give his 100% trust to Him even if it seemed like it does not make any sense.
 
For Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.




-June13-

No comments:

Post a Comment