Wednesday, August 17, 2011

functional heavens




I would like to share a post from paolopunzalan.com about Functional Heavens.

Want to know what are they?

Fill on the blanks:

1. If only I can ________, then I would really be happy.
2. I get my sense of significance from ________.
3. I would protect and preserve ________ at any cost.
4. I fear losing ________.
5. The thing that gives me greatest pleasure is ________.
6. When I lose ________, I get angry, resentful, frustrated, anxious, or depressed.
7. For me, life depends on ________.
8. The thing I value more than anything in the world is ________.
9. When I daydream, my mind goes to________.
10. The thing that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning is ________.

Functional heavens are those things that we think we need to get happiness, peace, sense of fulfillment and satisfaction. We invest money, time and energy for these heavens. And when we are in these heaven, we feel that that is the life you've always been wanting for. You wished that you can stay there forever and ever. You tell yourself that you can do that everyday, without getting used to. It is your paradise. It is your savior. It is your heaven.

For me, one of my functional heavens was travels and adventures. I saved for it. I reserved my leaves of absences for it. It was the first thing that comes into my mind when I got so stressed and frustrated on my work. "I want a vacation!" It saved me from my "normal", "boring" life. And it is still there. it is still my functional heaven, sometimes.


You? What is your functional heaven? Who is your functional savior?


- August17-

No comments:

Post a Comment