Monday, January 9, 2012

God Blessed the Broken Road



I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


This song reminds me of how faithful our God is.

God bless the BROKEN road, that lead me straight to you.

I am sure that some of us can relate in its present context - relationships.
Top of mind scenario is that a girl who had a bad break-up with her boyfriend (or worse, fiance) and she was crying in a cafe then a good looking man who happened to be just passing by, saw him and lend her a handkerchief. And so on and so forth, and they lived happily ever after.

When God said he will give us our "THE ONE", surely, He will!
And in this case, God can use our past relationships to bring us to this "THE ONE".

But come to think of it, we can use it in other context.

One of my favorite example is the story of Joseph (yes, the dreamer). When Joseph was still a child, he was thrown into a hole in the ground by his envious brothers, he was sold as a slave, he was accused of rape by his boss's wife, and forgotten by the cupbearer that once promised him to mention his freedom to the Pharaoh. If anyone has to be angry about how things in his life turned out, it was him.

But years passed by, Joseph became the right hand of the Pharaoh and eventually saved Egypt from the famine. And also because of this, he was able to save his family from hunger.
You see? If Joseph's brother did not sell him as slave, the entire household probably died.

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good...", according to Joseph.

God blessed the envy of his brothers, that lead Joseph to saving the entire Egypt and his family from the famine. And this paved way for the birth of Moses, and then David, and then Jesus!

Obviously, God knows what He was doing. He has a plan. He sees the big picture. We don't.
It's a matter of TRUST in Him, a complete submission of our life to Him and believing that He will never lead us to nothing.

It's all part of a GRANDER plan, that is coming true!

Can you imagine what's His GRAND plan in your life?
Why He allowed such not-so-good things to happen to you?


Guys, we have a faithful God, what He was 1 million years ago, is still what He is right now. What He promised 2 million years ago, He will fulfill!

God, give us the ability to remain faithful to You, as You are faithful to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment