Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mission Accomplished!



Last year, I joined our team who went to a 10-day mission in Cambodia.

The mission is to be a blessing to the church, which by then, is just being started.
One of the activities is to go to the nearby University and look for students who we can plug in to the Life Class of the church and eventually to become a disciple.

I know that one my greatest weaknesses is my PR Skills. 
I'm not fond of talking and connecting to strangers.
I'm shy. I'm not confident.
So I was worried.  

I asked one of my teammates, "What if I have no students to bring to the Life Class??"
"Ano ka ba?", she answered me with questions, "Asan ang FAITH mo bro??"

And this really struck me.
That night, I prayed to God and asked Him to be with me during the University visit and to equip me, so that I speak the right words to convince the student to come with me.


I was reminded of this experience by the story of Moses.

Moses was given a task to set free the Israelites from Egypt.
This was not an easy task, as shown when Moses bargained his way out of the mission. 
He asked God what if his fellow Israelite don't listen to him, he also pointed out that the Pharaoh may not listen to him as well, and he reminded God that public speaking was not his forte.

Like me, Moses did not realize the power and the greatness of God - that HE IS ABLE to provide him what he needs to complete the mission. 

This is very important when God calls us to do something, whether it's just a small-scale or a big mission. Our weaknesses must not stop us from carrying out this assignment, because with this marching order from God come His strength, and assistance. 

We must always remember that the success of the mission does not depend on our SKILLS but on our FAITHFULNESS.

So as the story goes, God still chose Moses, despite his hesitations.
He gave Moses the strength and skills to deliver the Israelite out of Egypt.
And he was able to do this. 

And for me? God is so good that the next day after I prayed, He gave me not one, not two but THREE students! :)

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 



No comments:

Post a Comment