Saturday, July 2, 2011

Roadside Foodtrip




This afternoon, I visited Trinh who lives at District 12.
It's so far!! Cost me 250000VND for a cab.

Anyway, she took me to a roadside food stall selling rice cakes.


 Looks not so apetizing but I'm telling you, they're good!

Rice cakes are famous dish of Huế.
 Huế is located at the central part of Vietnam and is known for it's cuisine, some of which are the famous Bún bò Huế and a variety of rice cakes.
Huế was once the capital of Vietnam (before the war). 
The Kings and Palaces were then located in this part so people there prepared and served delicious food for the Royal families.
After our rice cake feast, she took me to a nearby stall that serves tra - their version of Pinoy's Halo-halo.



Yum yum!
-July03-

No comments:

Post a Comment