Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Job Temptations



“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
- Luke 16:13

My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them.
- Proverbs 1:10


This is one of the guides I think God is teaching me during this job-hunting period of my life – DO NOT GIVE IN TO TEMPTATIONS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.

Honestly, these are my considerations in choosing among my applications:
1. Salary – should be high
2. Car – should have a car and gas allowance
3. Somebody I know within the company – so someone will guide me and accompany me during Lunch
4. Ease of work – of course! Who wants hardships?
5. Multinational company – prestigious!

And all these are pointing to my advantage (convenience), not His.
All these glorify not His name, but mine.

Honestly I am easily tempted by these things thinking that I deserve all these. I’ve been in the industry for five years! And I have an international experience. So I think it’s just time for me to have these things.

But I almost forgot that I have a mission to accomplish. I forgot that God is using me on His purpose. I forgot that my life is not mine anymore but His.    

According to Mathew 6:33, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

God is warning me from looking at things from my perspective. He is reminding me that He has plans for me, “plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11) and that I need to seek His plans first and aligning myself according to these plans, and then all these things will be given to me.

* * *
Forgive me Lord on having these criteria that will glorify myself, instead of You Lord. Now I am ready to listen to you oh Lord. Direct me Lord to the direction according to your will. During those times that I don’t hear your voice Lord or I intentionally ignore it, please please please, you are very welcome to slap my head and tell me, “Oi, wrong direction Noel”.  Thank you Lord. 
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment