Wednesday, August 1, 2012

With All my Heart


Okay, I was not okay, earlier today.
Yesterday, I received the job offer from Company X, which happened to be lower than what I expected – both the salary and the benefits.
Today, I had two interviews. The first one interview, with Company Y, went well but it offered me a job that is a bit not what I am looking for right now. The second one with Company Z, offered me the perfect job but I am not satisfied with the way I handled the interview.
And on my way home, my spirit was so down and really, I was so depressed.

I was repeatedly saying this in my mind – ikaw na bahala Lord! (It’s now up to you Lord!)  

And then, there He went again – amazing me for the nth time.


As I opened my bible to do my QT, here is what I found.
(FYI, this is not random. This is really my assigned verse for tonight)

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,    and he will make your paths straight.


And my thoughts went deeper.

This verse is very similar to Mathew 6:33 which I just quoted from my last blog.
Notice that our part (“Trust in the Lord with all your heart”, “In all your ways acknowledge him” and “Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness”) comes first before His part (“and He will make your paths straight” and “and all these things will be given to you as well”).

Not that God wants us to do our part just to gain His blessings.
But what these verses mean is as we do our part in the right way (with all our hearts) we will no longer mind the second part, which is His blessing.

Or in the case of Mathew 6:33, when we found His kingdom and His righteousness, we will no longer ask for any other blessings (because these alone are the most precious blessings of all).

So what God is telling me are two main things: 
1. Trust Him with all my heart [with confidence (Hebrews 4:16), unswervingly (Hebrews 10:23), without doubt (James 1:6)] that everything is according to His sovereign plan and that He is in control of the situation. And, 
2. Don’t forget to acknowledge Him in all my ways (ALL = 100%, especially during interviews and during the recruitment process, it must always acknowledge Him).

Just do these two things and He will take care of the rest.

And seriously, immersing myself in the thought of these things, I forgot all my worries and sadness, at an instant. (Great is His comforting power!)

***
Haay. Thank You God for just being there with me. You are truly an awesome God, who guides Your people to what is right and according to Your will. Help me Lord to trust in You with all my heart, with full of confidence and without any doubt. Remind me Lord to acknowledge You in all of the things that I do, from the smallest things to the greatest. Lord, You are my everything. I love you God.  
***

No comments:

Post a Comment